Saturday 7 April 2012

Updates and Scheduling

Although I have not written on my blog for the period of the Easter holidays, its not to say I haven't been busy. Quite the opposite.

I spent many hours in the first week completing the two metallic corsets- yes I finished them both and they are fabulous...pictures will follow but I would like to do them justice. While they are not a project linked to any of my University units, they underpin everything i am doing at the moment and are helping me to refine my skills and work towards my goals of improving my eye for line and intuition for beautiful aesthetics.










The BFTW costume is nearing completion and I have been hand sewing sequins onto it to give it the wow factor. There is still about 10 hours work to do on it between now and Tuesday.





SDP im afraid to say has taken a back seat so far, which is not what I wanted at all. The only consolation to this is that once Tuesday is over and BFTW can finally be put aside I can focus my attention on this unit.


I would like to start by uploading my planned work schedule and then adding photos of the design we will be producing and the work I have done so far.
On the sidelines I have bought a book called "How to Dress Dancers"  which actually was a bit of a let down. But I have also been doing some research on tutu decoration by having a look at the work of  tutu.com on Facebook.   https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TutuCom/54783047781
which has some really fabulous examples.

Lots to do then.

No comments:

Post a Comment